SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's ... Read moreabout the condition
|Recommended Age Range:||14 & up||Power Supply:||N/A|
|Gender:||Boys & Girls||Control:||N/A|
|Grading:||C-10 Mint-Brand New||MPN:|
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Unknown||Color:|
MASTER GOLD U30B PH2
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- LOT Syma X5C-1 Explorers 2.4G RC Quadcopter 6-Axis-Gyro FPV Drone w HD Camera B
- Top Flite Cowl P-51D 60 Size
- Marvel Iron Man Figure 3.5 Channel Flying Figure Infrared Helicopter NIOB
- Ltd Edition 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle Map of Bermuda 1635 by Willem & Johan Blaeu
- Monte Carlo Boat 70cm - Wooden Model Boat NEW - Home Desk Decor V15
- Tin Soldier, art, Iberian Warrior with dart, Carthage, Punic Wars, 54 mm
- New Hot Racing Axial Scx10 Scx10II CNC Aluminum Red Snow Plow SCX1213P02
- Zippo 20229 Harley Davidson Halle Davidson Street Chrome From Japan
- CNC symmetrical steering Kits (plastic rod version) Titanium for hpi baja 5b ss
- Steiff Beaver Vintage Excellent stuffed animal toy
- JADOUR LIPO BATTERY 4S 14.8V 5000MAH T PLUG 50C RC HELICOPTER CAR USA SELLER
- Zvezda 1 72 7275 Russian SU-50 (T-50) Fifth-Generation Fighter
- 15 VINTAGE 1987 HEARTLINE SKIBBLES LIBBY BABY GIRAFFE STUFFED ANIMAL PLUSH TOY
- Para H0 Coche Slot Racing Maqueta de Tren Corvette con Tyco Chassis+ +Nuevos
- Trumpeter 03305 Model Smart Bombs Kit 1 32 Guided Bombs US Aircraft Weapons
- Woolrich Teddy Bear Stuffed Animal Chrisha Playful Plush Vtg 80s Toy Tags 19
- Eduard 648036 1 48 Aircraft- MiG21MF Interior Late for Eduard
- Carbon Fiber kevlar Hybrid Fiberglass Panel 24 ×72 ×1 32 Glossy One Side Yellow
- Carcassonne Base Game Brand New Sealed
- Rare Ives 18k gold Stained Glass (Pride Lines) Fully Assembled Train Station C-9
- Bemo 9452112 Zementsilowagen RhB Uce 8042
- AJ682 JOUEF COFFRET TGV HO Réf 7887 ETAT MOYEN
- Model_kits N scale 10-1440 Series 225-100 'Special Rapid Service' 4 Cars Set MA
- Mage Wars Arena - flammenschmiede
- Warhammer 40k Sector Mechanicus Derelict Factorum Pre Order
- LIONEL CHRISTMAS ESSENTIAL BARREL CAR O GAUGE train milk coco eggnog 6-84786 NEW
- Vanguard Cardfight Distruttore Delle Lame Mazzo [ITALIANO] ORIENTAL WAVE
- Bowling Basket w o Pins & Balls Accessories Free Shipping
- Faller 130488 HO 1 87 Bâtiment ADAC
- AD&D WILDERNESS SURVIVAL GUIDE TSR st Edt Nr MINT COLLECTORS QLT
- Chaos Terminator Chaos Space Marines Warhammer 40,000 43-19
- JMD Miniatures GG003R Union Officer 20th Maine Volunteer Infantry Regiment 54MM
- Tamiya 1 35 SdKfz.222 Leichter PanzerSpahwagen (4x4) Model Kit
- LIONEL 3464 N.Y.C OPERATING BOX CAR WITH ORIGINAL BOX VINTAGE POSTWAR
- Novarossi MITO-9ON 3.5cc 9 Ports Long Stroke Turbo 1 8th On-Road Nitro Engine
- Holy Stone 2 PCS 2800mAh 7.4V Modular Rechargeable Li-po Battery for RC